If you want to grow your business, it’s time to start thinking about increasing your website traffic. If you’ve been looking for new ways to increase your website traffic, we’ve got 9 ideas that will help you expand your audience. From writing blog posts to creating pop-ups and lead generators, these 9 tips will take any business from small-time to big league in no time at all!
Create a blog
Write a blog. Blogging is an excellent way to increase your website traffic and it’s also an easy way to stay in front of new customers, too. You can write about anything that’s relevant to your business and then link back to your site or product pages. Just make sure you have a good topic! A catchy title will help draw people in, too (e.g., “5 Ways To Increase Website Traffic”). One tip we recommend is using images and videos—they are proven ways of keeping readers engaged on their websites. It’s also important that you use analytics tools like Google Analytics so that you can see how many people are reading your blog posts!
Create a pop-up
A pop-up is a web page that appears over top of the current website, often in the middle of an article or video. There are many benefits to using a pop-up:
- You can capture emails from people visiting your site who don’t want to subscribe just yet.
- You can ask for a specific type of information that you wouldn’t normally be able to gather (like location).
- You can use them as lead magnets, offering something like an ebook or other resource in exchange for an email address (or any other type of information). The potential for this is endless; our favorite example is How to add a Divi popup https://www.divithemeexamples.com/how-to-add-popups-to-divi/ from Divi Theme Examples.
Add a lead generator to your website
If your site is more informational than sales-y, you should add a lead generator to it. A lead generator is a way for your visitors to provide information about themselves in exchange for something of value (typically an ebook or video). For example, if you have an article about how to choose the right type of dog for you, include a form where people can fill in their name and email address in exchange for the free resources. This will allow you to build relationships with potential customers and stay top-of-mind when they’re ready to make a purchase. Check out our FREE “Losing Funnel Focus Book” by going to www.hasten.marketing/losing-funnel-focus.
Give something in exchange for information
You can give something in exchange for information to increase your website traffic. This is a popular way of getting people to sign up for newsletters, but you can also use it to get them onto your email list and eventually turn them into customers.
Give people something in exchange for their email address and other information such as their name and where they’re from. Offer them access to a free ebook, video or report that will help them solve their problem—and then follow up with an introductory email that explains how you can help solve their problem even further with one-on-one consultations or sales calls.
Use popups on your website to capture information from visitors before they leave the site or go elsewhere online (see below).
Create engaging content
Create engaging content that proves to increase your website traffic.
A website is not just a blank, white page. You can have fun with it too! Engaging content will keep your visitors on your site longer, which means more time for them to read about your products or services. Additionally, Google gives preference to websites that engage their visitors. If you want to rank high in search engine results pages (SERPs), you need an engaging website.
You don’t have to be a writer or videographer—there are lots of ways you can create engaging content: videos, images, infographics and text-based articles are all good options. Just remember the 80/20 rule: 80% of readers will scan rather than read through text; 20% will actually read every word carefully (and they’ll probably click through multiple times). So make sure that most of what’s on your site is easy-to-read text that can be scanned quickly by anyone who lands there by accident
Structure your site well, with easy navigation and great design.
- Use a CMS.
- Design your site to be responsive. Responsive design makes sure that your website looks great no matter what size screen it’s viewed on, and it’s an increasingly popular option among both clients and web developers alike. If you haven’t yet switched to a responsive design or don’t know what the term means, now is the time! It can make a huge difference in how people interact with your site, as well as how much money you’re making from visitors who actually want to buy things from you (or at least sign up for something).
- Make sure it’s easy to use. People like things that are easy—and they won’t stick around long enough for you if they can’t figure out how exactly they should go about navigating through your content or purchasing products from you online. So make sure everything is clear-cut and concise; don’t overwhelm them with lots of options on each page either! Also remember that not everyone has perfect vision so make sure the fonts used throughout all pages are big enough for those who need them larger format sizes too without making them so small they’re illegible by default settings on most devices these days.”
Be a part of the community.
One of the best ways to increase your website traffic is by being active in communities, groups and forums around your niche. Share your content and be a resource for others in the group, who will then want to visit your site because they know you, trust you and respect what you do.
Do keyword research.
Keyword research is essential for SEO. Keywords are the words that people use to search for products or services on the internet. When someone takes this action, they’re looking for a resource that can help them make a decision about what they need to buy or do next. Ideally, your website will show up when someone searches for something related to what you offer!
There’s no shortage of keyword tools out there: Moz Keyword Explorer and Ubersuggest are two good ones (though there are many more). These tools will tell you what keywords people are searching for on Google, Amazon, YouTube and other platforms where it makes sense. They’ll also tell you how competitive each keyword is so that you know whether it’s worth targeting or not.
Check your stats often.
You should be checking your website stats at least once a week, if not daily. Google Analytics is a free tool that allows you to see how many people come to your site, where they’re coming from and what they do when they get there. This will help you to understand how to adjust your campaign to help you increase your website traffic. You can also use it to find out which pages are most popular and how long people stay on those pages. This information will help you decide how to improve your site so that it appeals more to visitors.
You can grow your business with a little effort on your website
If you’re not getting the traffic you want, don’t get discouraged. There are many things that can be done to improve your website’s search engine rankings, and as long as you’re willing to put in the time, they’ll pay off.
First things first: be willing to try new things. You may notice that some of the changes you make don’t seem to be working right away—or ever! It’s important to keep an open mind and learn from these mistakes instead of giving up or changing directions completely (which can lead down another dead-end road). If one thing doesn’t work for your business, try something else until something does work!
We hope you enjoyed this blog post. If you want to read more about how to get more traffic for your website, check out some of our other articles here on our blog. We’d also love to schedule a 30 minute Discovery Call with you to see how we could help increase your website traffic. CLICK HERE to schedule your call.